Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Autumn Is Falling

Well as happens every year, the autumn leaves have already turned those beautiful hues, russetts, crimson reds, golden yellows, an rich oranges...oh so inspiring. Inspiring enough to help me create an assortment of fall leaves out of my now favourite medium, polymer clay. Take a peak at this newly created multi variations necklace. 

As an artist, I have never been a fan of cookie cutter type art or mass production of one image. 
it is just my personal conviction that I should create original works of art, including wearable art like my polymer clay pieces. Granted, if I need to duplicate anything, it would be my own design. Each one of these leaves, were hand cut, no two are identical. Using skinner blends that I created using Premo polymer clay, I randomly, without a plan, carved the leaves out one by one. 
This particular series, was enhanced with a background of pearlized golden clay and then details embossed with a tool or two. I wanted these to be beautiful and interesting. Enhancing the textures, I dabbed on golden mica powder.

Each leaf is embedded with a jump ring so they can have a floating appearance. Below are some more photos of "FALLING."

Happily Creating,
Anita of
A Bergie Creation











No comments:

Post a Comment